Camp Hornbill is at the vicinity of the Kigwema village just a short distance ahead of Kisama Village and 14 (fourteen) kilometers away from the town of Kohima in Nagaland.
Already in their 6th year of operations at the Hornbill Festival the accommodation category at Camp Hornbill includes tented accommodations (Coleman Tents) available in single and twin sharing options along with complimentary breakfast. Hygienic and well maintained toilets accompany the tents with a supply of running water. The Bathrooms at Camp Hornbill are a permanent structure with running water and the owners ensure a supply of Hot water to their guests served in buckets to beat the chill of Kohima weather along with toiletries like soap and hand wash available. Other facilities available at Camp Hornbill include mobile charging points with solar system, continental breakfast and traditional dinner with Barbecue and Bonfire. Visitors to Camp Hornbill at Kisama have always had a pleasant stay and taken back memories to be cherished for a lifetime!
The Campsite of Camp Hornbill is located 100 meters away from the main stage of the Hornbill Festival grounds and just behind the Hornbill Festival Police Outpost. Camp Hornbill is situated atop a terrace overlooking the beautiful town of Kohima.
Hornbill Festival Dates: 1st December to 10th December 2019
Closing ceremony is on 10th December evening
Trips start from 30th November to 9th December (12th December return)
Facilities available at Camp Hornbill
- Accommodations in Coleman Tents
- Dining Area
- 24 Hour running water
- Hot Water for Bath on request
- Common Lobby
- Car Parking
About Dzukou Valley
Dzukou Valley is a valley located at the border of the Indian states of Nagaland and Manipur. It’s a spectacular visual treat of emerald green hills, lush forests, serpentine streams and myriad colourful flowers that dot the vast plain valley and its meadows. It is popularly known as “Valley of Flowers of the North-East”. It is situated at an altitude of 2438 m above sea level, behind the Japfu Peak located in Nagaland. This interesting valley looks like a mown lawn from a distance and is watered by two meandering streams viz Dzukou river and the Japfu river which often freezes in winter. This entire valley is adorned with lilies, aconitum, and euphorbia and multi-colored rhododendrons. They envelope the valley floor like a carpet so much that there are times when you can’t see the valley at all.
Dzukou Valley is a place unadulterated by the modern architect of technology and is definitely going to take you back in time where nature left us awe inspired in every step. The place is in itself screams out whimsical satisfaction and the idyllic view is something one cannot get over with.
- Dimapur to Dimapur transport or Guwahati to Guwahati transport
- Stay in double sharing tents
- Blanket/Sleeping bags
- Baggage Room
- Jamming Sessions
- Mobile Charging points (Common)
- Trek Guide
- Train/Air fares
- Hotel in Guwahati / any other accomodation
- Guwahati Airport Transfer
- Costs incurred at Hornbill festival
- Tickets, entry fees etc.
- Tips and gratuity
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions and trip details
- Any costings arising out of Force majeure
Meet and Greet at Guwahati city by our representative and transfer to Kohima its approx. 7 to 8hrs drive (390 km).
Today after breakfast First you’ll be taken to the Hornbill festival. You will then start the exploration of the Naga tribes like Morungs and enjoy their food and local games with their dance. After enjoying the Hornbill Festival you will return to the campsite and enjoy some BBQ and Campfire followed by dinner and overnight rest.
1. After breakfast you will check out from the Camp and will be transferred to Vishwema Village. It is a drive of only 20 Kms. and about 1 hour. From there, your trek to Dzukou valley commences with guide and porters. It is a trek of about 4 hours and the trail is marked by beautiful streams and with fern, juniper and moss vegetation.
2. On reaching the rest house/camp site of Dzukou Valley, lunch will be served. Spend the evening near the Campfire and follow by dinner and a good sleep.
1. After spending a day, bid goodbye to this amazing valley and make the way down through the Zakhma route. The Zakhma route is much steeper and hence will take a little less than 3 and half hours to reach the motarable road to Khonoma at the bottom.
2. The cab will be waiting for you to take you back to Dimapur Railway Station / Guwahati Airport or Railway Station