Camp Hornbill is at the vicinity of the Kigwema village just a short distance ahead of Kisama Village and 14 (fourteen) kilometers away from the town of Kohima in Nagaland.
Already in their 6th year of operations at the Hornbill Festival the accommodation category at Camp Hornbill includes tented accommodations (Coleman Tents) available in single and twin sharing options along with complimentary breakfast. Hygienic and well maintained toilets accompany the tents with a supply of running water. The Bathrooms at Camp Hornbill are a permanent structure with running water and the owners ensure a supply of Hot water to their guests served in buckets to beat the chill of Kohima weather along with toiletries like soap and hand wash available. Other facilities available at Camp Hornbill include mobile charging points with solar system, continental breakfast and traditional dinner with Barbecue and Bonfire. Visitors to Camp Hornbill at Kisama have always had a pleasant stay and taken back memories to be cherished for a lifetime!
The Campsite of Camp Hornbill is located 100 meters away from the main stage of the Hornbill Festival grounds and just behind the Hornbill Festival Police Outpost. Camp Hornbill is situated atop a terrace overlooking the beautiful town of Kohima.
Hornbill Festival Dates: 1st December to 10th December 2019
Closing ceremony is on 10th December evening
Trips start from 30th November to 9th December (11th December return)
- Dimapur to Dimapur transport or Guwahati to Guwahati transport
- Stay in double sharing tents
- Blanket/Sleeping bags
- Baggage Room
- Jamming Sessions
- Mobile Charging points (Common)
- Train/Air fares
- Hotel in Guwahati / any other accomodation
- Guwahati Airport Transfer
- Costs incurred at Hornbill festival
- Tickets, entry fees etc.
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions and trip details
Meet and Greet at Guwahati city / Dimapur Railway Station by our representative and transfer to Kohima its approx. 7 to 8hrs drive (390 km).
1. Today after breakfast First you’ll be taken to the Hornbill festival.
2. You will then start the exploration of the Naga tribes like Morungs and enjoy their food and local games with their dance.
3. After enjoying the Hornbill Festival you will return to the campsite and enjoy some BBQ and Campfire followed by dinner and overnight rest.
After breakfast you will check out from the Camp and will be transferred back to Dimapur Railway Station or Guwahati Railway Station / Airport