We will be visiting the Andaman Island in search of these birds especially the endemics – total of 20 in number. But five of them are in Nicobars group of islands(currently off-limits to foreigners), only 15 would be sighted. The notable areas visited during the Andaman Endemic Birding Tour are Mount Harriet, Sippighat, Chidiyatapu, Ograbraj & Wandoor. The endemics include four owls and other species such as Andaman Woodpecker, Andaman Crake and Andaman Serpent Eagle, Andaman Shama, Andaman Treepie etc.
- All transfers by Private A/C Vehicle at Port Blair and around during the
- Birding tour
- All necessary forest permits to all national parks and forest areas.
- Complementary packaged drinking water on all day of birding
- All necessary guide charges for the birding tour
- Accommodation during the tour
- Flight tickets not included
- Any personal expenses. Room service and special orders. Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the suggested tour itinerary.
- Camera Tickets are NOT INCLUDED in the mentioned cost of Sightseeing & Transfers.
- Vehicle can be availed for other out of itinerary tour on additional payment basis. During the waiting period Vehicle AC service will not be provided to the guest
On your arrival at Port Blair capital city of Andaman and Nicobar Islands get freshened up and relax at your respective stay point. We will head towards Sippighat area in the afternoon. The area is a marshy wetland and good for sightings of water birds & waders. Should sight, Sunda Teal, Blue-eared Kingfisher, Stork-billed Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, White-throated Kingfisher, Indian Pond Heron, Yellow Bittern, Andaman, Lesser Whistling ducks, Swamphen and some migratory birds. In evening return back to your stays.
Early morning trip to ChidiyaTapu , a patch of moist evergreen forest located to the South of Port Blair and excellent for birding. The track for birding starts 4km before Chidiyatapu and 2 km along the seashore forest. Should sight the Andaman Woodpecker, Andaman Crake, Andaman Treepie, Andaman Serpent Eagle, Black-Naped Oriole, Andaman Drongo, Olive backed Sunbird, White-headed Starling, Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker, Stork-billed Kingfisher, White-throated Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, Chestnut-headed Bee-eater, BrownCoucal, Alexandrine Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Long Tailed Parakeet.
We will bird around Mount Harriet National Park, a tropical moist evergreen forest. Should sight Andaman Woodpecker, Andaman Wood Pigeon, Andaman Cuckoo Dove , Andaman Crake, Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker, Dollarbird, Collared Kingfisher, Brown Coucal, Alexandrine Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Pintail Snipe, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Andaman Treepie , Black-naped Oriole Andaman Drongo, Orange-headed Thrush, Olive backed Sunbird, White-headed Starling.
Ograbraj area is a marshy wetland and good for sightings of water birds & waders. Should sight, Sunda Teal, Lesser Whistling ducks, Blue-eared Kingfisher, Stork-billed Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, White-throated Kingfisher, Common Kingfisher, Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher, Andaman Little Green Heron, Chestnut headed Bee-Eater, White Bellied Sea Eagle, Ballion’s Crake. In the evening we will head towards New Wandoor for night birding where we will be mainly focusing on the nocturnal birds where we will be sighting Andaman Scops Owl, Andaman Hawk Owl, Brown Hawk Owl, Oriental Scops Owl.
Fly back to mainland with beautiful pictures and lifetime memories as our birding tour comes to an end